Clam Chowder for Christmas Eve
This clam chower is a delicious tradition for our Christmas Eve celebrations. Add some salad and some delicious bread, and you'll be ready for Santa!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 ounce(s) bacon diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 1/4 pound(s) new potatoes diced and blanched
- 5 cup(s) half-and-half
- 3 ounce(s) butter
- 1 1/2 cup(s) clams, fresh or frozen chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) flour
- 2 ounce(s) clam concentrate or clam base
- 1 1/4 cup(s) clam juice or nectar
- 1 pinch(s) garlic, white pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) marjoram
- 1 teaspoon(s) Beau Monde seasoning
- 3 teaspoon(s) fresh basil chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) dill
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/8 cup(s) fresh parsley chopped
- Cook bacon until transparent. Add the butter, onions, and celery, and all of the seasoning except dill and parsley. Cook until tender. Add flour and cook for 3-4 minutes over low heat. Add the hald-and-half, clam nectar and base. Heat just under boiling point. Steam potatoes and cool. Add chopped clams and potatoes. Bring to a boil slowly and cool for 2-3 minutes. Add dill and parsley, adjust all seasoning to personal taste, and serve.
- Get ready for those reindeer to land!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LouisePearl and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Clam Chowder for Christmas Eve Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Dairy