- 2 cups chopped clams (4 - 6 oz. cans) RESERVE LIQUID
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 TBSP. white wine
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/2-1 cup chopped parsley
- 2 to 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 2 TSP. sea salt
- 1 TSP. pepper
- 6 TBSP. water
- 1/2 cup plus 2 TBSP. corn starch
- If using canned clams, drain clams reserving liquid. (2 cups of clams or 4 - 6.5 oz. canned clams yields 2 cups of liquid) Melt butter in large stockpot. Add wine, clams, potatoes, carrots, celery, onion and parsley. Cook on low till potatoes are transparent (about 1 hour)
- Stir in reserved clam juice and add enough chicken broth to equal 1 quart (4 cups) Stir in cream, salt and pepper.
- In small bowl, stir together water and cornstarch until smooth, stir into soup. Simmer 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Makes 10 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LauriJC and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note