- 1/2 pound rice vermicelli (bún giang tây)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cups thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 1/4 cups dry Marsala wine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 (8-ounce) bottles clam juice
- 2 (6-ounce) cans chopped clams, drained
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) crème fraîche
- calories 345
- caloriesfromfat 29 %
- fat 11 g
- satfat 5.2 g
- monofat 4.5 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- protein 11.9 g
- carbohydrate 48.9 g
- fiber 2.6 g
- cholesterol 36 mg
- iron 4.3 mg
- sodium 685 mg
- calcium 271 mg
How to Make It
Cook noodles in boiling water 6 minutes or until done. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain well.
Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and pepper; sauté 4 minutes. Remove mushroom mixture from pan.
Add 2 teaspoons olive oil to pan. Add onion and garlic; sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Add wine. Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes or until the liquid almost evaporates.
Sprinkle with flour; stir to combine. Add clam juice and clams; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until slightly thick (about 15 minutes). Stir in the noodles, mushroom mixture, cheese, parsley, and crème fraîche.