Clam and Cheese Chowder
Community Recipe from
- Clam and Cheese Chowder
- 4 Servings:Makes 4 servings.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 min
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup \shredded carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 6-1/2-ounce cans minced clams
- 1 cup shredded American cheese (4 ounces)
- 1. In a 2-quart saucepan combine water, bouillon granules, carrots, peas, green onions, and pepper. Heat to boiling.
- 2. Stir together milk and cornstarch; stir into vegetable mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Stir in undrained clams and the cheese until cheese is melted. Makes 4 servings.
- Nutrition information
- Per serving: Calories 296, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 76 mg, Sodium 799 mg, Carbohydrate 20 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 29 g. Daily Values: Vitamin C 41%, Calcium 34%, Iron 116%. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Clam and Cheese Chowder Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
More Recipes for Main Dishes