Citrusy Shrimp with Asparagus
Make a quick and easy shrimp dinner by marinating shrimp in lemon juice and lime juice, grilling, and serving on top of couscous and fresh asparagus.
More From Health
- Calories: 282
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 20g
- Carbohydrate: 39g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 126mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 451mg
- Calcium: 51mg
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup dried couscous
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 3/4 pound raw large shrimp (about 18), peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 3/4 pound asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1. Bring 2 cups water to a boil in medium saucepan. Remove from heat, and stir in couscous; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork; stir in 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- 2. Bring another pan of water to a boil.
- 3. Meanwhile, toss shrimp in 1 tablespoon each lemon and lime juice, 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, garlic, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Marinate for 5 minutes.
- 4. Preheat grill pan or grill. Lightly coat with cooking spray; grill shrimp, turning once, 3 minutes or until just cooked through. Cover and keep warm.
- 5. When water is boiling, add asparagus, and cook 3 minutes or until just tender. Drain, and cover.
- 6. Whisk together honey, chives, and remaining lemon juice and olive oil.
- 7. Arrange couscous and asparagus on serving plates, and top with shrimp. Drizzle with dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note