Citrusy French Toast
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner
To keep the cooked French toast slices warm while you're making more, place them on a baking sheet in a 300° oven. That way everyone can sit down and eat breakfast at the same time.
Yield: Serves 8
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 2 cups water
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 16 slices white sandwich bread
- Maple syrup
- Whisk first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Melt one tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium heat. Dip bread slices in the batter, coating well. Cook in batches 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden, turning with a spatula. Remove from pan; keep warm. Serve warm with maple syrup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch