Citrus Vinaigrette Grilled Chicken
The chicken cooks slowly over indirect heat for 1 hour, allowing you time to tackle other tasks before supper.
This recipe goes with Grilled Chicken Supper With Citrus Vinaigrette
More From Southern Living
Chill: 2 Hours
Grill: 1 Hour
Stand: 15 Minutes
- Citrus Vinaigrette, divided
- 8 bone-in chicken breasts
- 1. Reserve 1/2 cup Citrus Vinaigrette (cover and chill up to 5 days). Place 1 cup Citrus Vinaigrette in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; add half of chicken, turning to coat. Repeat procedure with remaining vinaigrette and chicken. Seal bags, and chill at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- 2. Light one side of grill, heating to 400° to 500° (high); leave other side unlit. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Arrange chicken, skin sides up, over unlit side, and grill, covered with grill lid, 1 hour or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 170°. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Serve half of chicken immediately. Cover and chill remaining chicken 2 to 3 days.
- Direct Heat Cooking Times: To cook chicken directly over heat, reduce heat to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat, and grill, covered with grill lid, 28 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 170°, turning every 7 minutes. Let chicken stand 15 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes