I made this marmalade last winter and it was better than I could have dreamed! It kept in the fridge for a month.
Citrus-Vanilla Bean Marmalade
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia DeGaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
2 Hours, 15 Minutes
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 large Valencia or navel oranges
- 2 medium-size red grapefruit
- 1 lemon
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1. Split vanilla bean lengthwise, and scrape out seeds.
- 2. Grate zest from oranges to equal 1 Tbsp. Repeat with grapefruit. Grate zest from lemon to equal 1 tsp.
- 3. Peel and section oranges, grapefruit, and lemon, holding fruit over a bowl to collect juices.
- 4. Stir together vanilla bean and seeds, orange and grapefruit zest, fruit segments, sugar, kosher salt, 1/3 cup fruit juices, and 1 3/4 cups water in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 50 minutes or until a candy thermometer registers 225° and mixture is slightly thickened. Cool completely (about 1 hour; mixture will thicken as it cools). Discard vanilla bean; pour marmalade into 2 (8-oz.) jars or airtight containers, and chill 24 hours. Store marmalade in refrigerator up to 3 weeks.
Total time does not include 1 day to chill.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch