Citrus-Topped Double Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup(s) buttermilk or milk
- 6 tablespoon(s) butter, melted
- 1 cup(s) fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup(s) blueberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon(s) orange peel finely shredded
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemon peel finely shredded
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter melted
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line twelve 2 1/2 inch muffin cups with paper liners.
- 2. Stir together flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- 3. Whisk together eggs, buttermilk and 6 T melted butter, add all at once to the dry mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter will be lumpy). Fold in blueberries. Remove 1 cup of batter.
- 4. Spoon remaining batter into prepared muffin cups. filling about half full. Spoon 2 tsp. of blueberry preserves into the center of each muffin. Top with remaining batter to cover the preserves, muffin cups should be 2/3 full . Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 5. Meanwhile, stir together orange peel, lemon peel, and the 2 T sugar. Remove muffins from oven. Brush with 2 T melted butter. Sprinkle citrus-sugar mixture on top.
- Cool in muffins cups on wire rack for 15 minutes. Serve warm.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by reedcheryla and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Citrus-Topped Double Blueberry Muffins Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads