Wow! This was so good and super easy to make. My husband even suggested that I make this instead of the souffle I usually make for Thanksgiving.
Citrus Sweet Potato Rounds
Vanilla bean paste enhances the glaze for these sweet potatoes.
Yield: 10 servings
More From Oxmoor House
- 7 medium sweet potatoes (about 4 lb.)
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- Place washed sweet potatoes on a baking sheet; prick each potato with a fork. Bake at 450° for 45 minutes or until almost tender. Let potatoes cool to the touch.
- Peel potatoes, and cut into 1/2"-thick slices. Arrange potato slices in a lightly greased 13" x 9" baking dish or round 3-qt. casserole. Top with pecan halves.
- Combine orange juice and next 4 ingredients in a small saucepan, stirring well. Bring glaze mixture to a boil; boil 1 minute or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in vanilla bean paste. Pour or spoon orange glaze over sweet potato slices.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 to 45 minutes or until glaze is thickened.
- Make-Ahead Note: After baked sweet potatoes have cooled, cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours. The next day, peel and slice potatoes, and let come to room temperature before baking as directed above.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables