Arrange grapefruit shells filled with this refreshing salad on a tray for an attractive presentation.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 2 pink grapefruit
- 2 tangerines
- 3 cups strawberries, coarsely chopped
- 4 kiwifruit, peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange flower water (optional)*
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- Cut grapefruit in half. Carefully remove grapefruit segments with a paring knife, leaving shells intact. Remove and discard seeds and bitter pith from segments. Cut segments into bite-size pieces; place in a bowl. Peel tangerines with a paring knife, removing membranes between segments; cut segments into bite-size pieces, and add to bowl.
- Add strawberries, kiwifruit, powdered sugar, and, if desired, orange flower water to bowl, stirring gently. Cover and chill 1 hour. Spoon mixture evenly into grapefruit shells; garnish, if desired.
- *1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind may be substituted for 1 teaspoon orange flower water.
- Note: Orange flower water can be found in some ethnic markets such as Asian, Mediterranean, or Italian.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads