Arrange grapefruit shells filled with this refreshing salad on a tray for an attractive presentation.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 2 pink grapefruit
- 2 tangerines
- 3 cups strawberries, coarsely chopped
- 4 kiwifruit, peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange flower water (optional)*
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- Cut grapefruit in half. Carefully remove grapefruit segments with a paring knife, leaving shells intact. Remove and discard seeds and bitter pith from segments. Cut segments into bite-size pieces; place in a bowl. Peel tangerines with a paring knife, removing membranes between segments; cut segments into bite-size pieces, and add to bowl.
- Add strawberries, kiwifruit, powdered sugar, and, if desired, orange flower water to bowl, stirring gently. Cover and chill 1 hour. Spoon mixture evenly into grapefruit shells; garnish, if desired.
- *1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind may be substituted for 1 teaspoon orange flower water.
- Note: Orange flower water can be found in some ethnic markets such as Asian, Mediterranean, or Italian.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note