Citrus soy squid
Community Recipe from
- 1 pinch(s) Love
- 1 cup mirin
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup yuzu juice or fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups water
- 2 pounds squid tentacles left whole, bodies cut crosswise 1 inch thick
- In a bowl, combine the mirin, soy sauce, yuzu juice and water.
- Pour half of the marinade into an airtight container and refrigerate for later use. Add the squid to the bowl with the remaining marinade and let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes or refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- Light a grill. Drain the squid. Grill over moderately high heat, turning once, until tender and white throughout, about 3 minutes. Serve hot.
- Mirin is available at Asian markets; sweet sherry is a good substitute. Yuzu is available at specialty markets.
- Variation The marinade is also delicious with tofu or pork belly.
- SERVE WITH
- Grilled whole scallions and lemon wedges.
- SUGGESTED PAIRING
- Citrusy California Riesling.
- FROM PAIRING OF THE DAY: AUGUST 2011, CITRUS-AND-SOY MARINADE AND CITRUS-SOY SQUID, BOLD GRILLING MARINADES
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jenniferld87 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Citrus soy squid Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers