Some of the best tacos I've ever made. I used creole seasoning on the shrimp instead of the southwest seasoning. Made the cream sauce the night before and it was perfect!
Citrus Shrimp Tacos
More From Southern Living
Chill: 10 Minutes
- 2 pounds unpeeled, large raw shrimp
- 20 (12-inch-long) skewers
- 2 tablespoons Southwest seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 16 (8-inch) soft taco-size flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- 1 head radicchio, finely shredded
- Southwest Cream Sauce
- Grilled Corn Salsa
- Garnish: fresh cilantro leaves
- 1. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired. Thread shrimp onto skewers.
- 2. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high). Combine Southwest seasoning and garlic in a long shallow dish; add lime juice, lemon juice, and shrimp, turning to coat. Cover and chill 10 minutes. Remove shrimp from marinade, discarding marinade.
- 3. Grill shrimp, without grill lid, 2 to 3 minutes on each side or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp from skewers. Serve in warm tortillas with next 4 ingredients. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Emeril's Southwest Seasoning.
- Southwest Cream Sauce: Whisk together 1 (16-oz.) container sour cream; 1 garlic clove, minced; 2 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion; 1 tsp. chili powder; 1/2 tsp. ground cumin; 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper; and 1/4 tsp. salt. Whisk in 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro and 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice until smooth. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Makes about 2 cups; Prep: 10 min.
Soak wooden skewers in water at least 30 minutes before grilling to keep them from burning.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note