Some of the best tacos I've ever made. I used creole seasoning on the shrimp instead of the southwest seasoning. Made the cream sauce the night before and it was perfect!
Citrus Shrimp Tacos
More From Southern Living
Chill: 10 Minutes
- 2 pounds unpeeled, large raw shrimp
- 20 (12-inch-long) skewers
- 2 tablespoons Southwest seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 16 (8-inch) soft taco-size flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- 1 head radicchio, finely shredded
- Southwest Cream Sauce
- Grilled Corn Salsa
- Garnish: fresh cilantro leaves
- 1. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired. Thread shrimp onto skewers.
- 2. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high). Combine Southwest seasoning and garlic in a long shallow dish; add lime juice, lemon juice, and shrimp, turning to coat. Cover and chill 10 minutes. Remove shrimp from marinade, discarding marinade.
- 3. Grill shrimp, without grill lid, 2 to 3 minutes on each side or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp from skewers. Serve in warm tortillas with next 4 ingredients. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Emeril's Southwest Seasoning.
- Southwest Cream Sauce: Whisk together 1 (16-oz.) container sour cream; 1 garlic clove, minced; 2 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion; 1 tsp. chili powder; 1/2 tsp. ground cumin; 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper; and 1/4 tsp. salt. Whisk in 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro and 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice until smooth. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Makes about 2 cups; Prep: 10 min.
Soak wooden skewers in water at least 30 minutes before grilling to keep them from burning.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers