Yum! This rice is very delicious and is described perfectly as it is just 'scented' with the citrus flavors. I served this with a coconut shrimp and spicy mango sauce dish I found on here and it was awesome!!!
Citrus-Scented Rice With Fresh Basil
Photo: Jim Bathie; Styling: Missie Neville Crawford
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Garnishes: orange and lemon slices, orange zest, and lemon zest
- Stir together chicken broth, butter, orange zest, fresh orange juice, and lemon zest in a large saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in basmati rice; cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in basil. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note