Citrus Scented Black Bean Soup with Chipotle Cream
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) EVOO
- 1 whole(s) medium red onion chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 can(s) black beans rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup(s) water
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) orange zest freshly grated
- 1/2 cup(s) orange juice fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 4 tablespoon(s) sour cream divided
- 1 pinch(s) ground chipotle chile
- 2 stalk(s) scallions thinly sliced
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned. Add cumin and cook about 30 seconds. Add beans, water, zest, juice, salt and pepper. Increase heat to med high and bring to a boil. Stir often. Transfer to a blender with cilantro, lime juice, and 3 Tbsp. of sour cream. Puree until smooth.
- Combine the remaining 1 Tbsp. of sour cream and ground chipotley in a small bowl. Serve soup with cream and scalions.
- Calories: 333 Fat: 11, Cholesterol: 12 Carbs: 47 Prot: 12 Fib: 10 Sod:454
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SandyPTA and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Citrus Scented Black Bean Soup with Chipotle Cream Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews