- 1 can (14 ounces) chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup Argo® Corn Starch, divided
- 4 pork chops (1/2-inch thick)
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon Spice Islands® Crushed Red Pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
How to Make It
STIR together 1/4 cup chicken broth and 2 tablespoons corn starch in a small bowl until smooth; set aside.
SEASON pork chops with salt and pepper, then coat lightly with remaining 2 tablespoons corn starch. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork chops.
COOK, turning once, 8 to 10 minutes or until done. Remove; keep warm.
DRAIN any excess fat from skillet. Add remaining chicken broth, orange juice, carrots and onion. Cover.
SIMMER 10 to 12 minutes or until carrots are tender. Stir honey, corn syrup, vinegar, Dijon mustard and crushed red pepper into corn starch mixture. Add to skillet. Stirring constantly, bring to boil over medium heat and boil 1 minute. Stir in parsley. Return pork chops to skillet until heated through.
SERVE with rice, if desired.