Fun and easy! Smells heavenly. Now I am doubly glad to have a lemon tree!
Whether you use lemon, lime, or even blood orange, this finishing salt is delicious on cooked fish or salads with a drizzle of olive oil.
More From Sunset
Dry: 8 Hours
- 1 cup flake salt, such as Maldon, or coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons citrus zest (any kind)
- Mix salt and zest in a bowl; work zest into salt with your fingers to release oils and flavor. Spread on a baking tray. Air-dry until dried completely, 8 hours to overnight.
- Note: Zest's color will fade over time, but this won't affect taste.
- Make ahead: 2 months, kept airtight at room temperature.
- Bottle it: 4-oz. jam glass jar, $0.57; specialtybottle.com; BambooImportsMN 3.5-in. oval bamboo spice/salt spoons, $9.8 8/10; amazon.com
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1/4 tsp.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments