- 1 teaspoon grated grapefruit rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 navel oranges
- 2 blood oranges
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 cups trimmed watercress (about 1 bunch)
- 10 kumquats, seeded and thinly sliced
- calories 226
- caloriesfromfat 26 %
- fat 6.5 g
- satfat 1 g
- monofat 3.6 g
- polyfat 1.1 g
- protein 20 g
- carbohydrate 22.5 g
- fiber 4.1 g
- cholesterol 144 mg
- iron 1.5 mg
- sodium 345 mg
- calcium 114 mg
How to Make It
To prepare vinaigrette, combine first 6 ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
To prepare salad, add shrimp to large saucepan of boiling water. Remove from heat, and let stand for 5 minutes or until shrimp are done. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain.
Cut a 1/4-inch slice off top and bottom of oranges and grapefruit. Cut away peel so no white pith remains. Cut fruit crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices, and discard any seeds. Cut each grapefruit slice into quarters. Arrange fruit on a serving platter. Drizzle fruit with 2 tablespoons vinaigrette.
Combine shrimp, onion, mint, and 1 tablespoon vinaigrette, tossing gently to coat. Arrange shrimp mixture over fruit.
Combine remaining vinaigrette, watercress, and kumquats, tossing gently to coat. Arrange watercress mixture over shrimp mixture. Serve immediately.