Citrus Salad with Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing
Adding limes to this salad gives it a distinctly tart flavor, but feel free to leave them out and use more oranges or grapefruit instead.
More From Food & Wine
- 6 oranges
- 2 red grapefruits
- 2 limes
- 1 (large) shallot, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup crÃ¨me fraÃ®che or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Using a sharp knife, carefully peel the oranges, red grapefruits and limes, removing all of the bitter white pith. Working over a small bowl to catch the juices from the fruit, cut in between the membranes to release the sections. Cut the lime and grapefruit sections into thirds and leave the orange sections whole. Transfer all of the citrus to a serving bowl and add the sliced shallot and chopped parsley. Reserve the citrus juice for another use.
- In another small bowl, whisk the lemon zest with the lemon juice, crème fraîche, maple syrup and poppy seeds. Season the dressing lightly with salt. Pour the dressing over the fruit, toss the salad gently and serve right away.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads