- 6 oranges
- 2 red grapefruits
- 2 limes
- 1 (large) shallot, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
How to Make It
Using a sharp knife, carefully peel the oranges, red grapefruits and limes, removing all of the bitter white pith. Working over a small bowl to catch the juices from the fruit, cut in between the membranes to release the sections. Cut the lime and grapefruit sections into thirds and leave the orange sections whole. Transfer all of the citrus to a serving bowl and add the sliced shallot and chopped parsley. Reserve the citrus juice for another use.
In another small bowl, whisk the lemon zest with the lemon juice, crème fraîche, maple syrup and poppy seeds. Season the dressing lightly with salt. Pour the dressing over the fruit, toss the salad gently and serve right away.