This is an easy make-ahead option and ideal for a crowd. Even kids will rave about this meal!
Oxmoor House SEPTEMBER 2012
1. To prepare pulled pork, combine first 9 ingredients in a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Add pork to bag. Seal bag, turning to coat. Marinate in refrigerator overnight, turning occasionally.
2. Preheat oven to 325°.
3. Remove pork from marinade, reserving marinade. Place pork in a large Dutch oven; pour marinade over pork. Cover and bake at 325° for 4 hours or until pork is fork-tender.
4. To prepare pickled onions, while pork cooks, place red onion and next 4 ingredients (through jalapeño pepper) in a medium bowl, tossing to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours.
5. Remove pork from pan, and place on a cutting board. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid; discard remaining cooking liquid. Remove pork from bones; place in a large bowl. Shred pork with 2 forks. Stir in reserved cooking liquid.
6. Place 1/4 cup pork mixture on each tortilla. Top with about 1 tablespoon Guacamole and about 3 tablespoons pickled onions.
Tip: This pork is best when made ahead and refrigerated for a few days to blend the flavors. Then you can scrape off any excess fat before reheating it on the cooktop over low heat.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Go to full version of