Beautiful presentation! Louis Sauce was easy and delicious. We liked the unexpected citrusy flavor of the shrimp.
Citrus-Marinated Shrimp with Louis Sauce
More From Southern Living
Chill: 25 Minutes
- 2 lemons, halved
- 2 limes, halved
- 1/2 orange, halved
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 4 pounds unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 2 cups grapefruit juice
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 grapefruit, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- Louis Sauce
- Garnish: citrus fruit slices
- Combine lemon halves, next 3 ingredients, and salted water to cover in a Dutch oven. Bring to a boil; add shrimp, and cook 2 to 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Plunge shrimp into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails on. Devein, if desired.
- Combine orange juice and next 9 ingredients in a large shallow dish or heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Add shrimp, cover or seal, and chill 25 minutes. Drain off liquid. Serve shrimp over lettuce leaves with Louis Sauce. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Citrus-Marinated Shrimp with Louis Sauce Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Main Dishes