Citrus marinated olives
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 whole(s) lemons
- 1 whole(s) oranges
- 6 whole(s) garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup(s) EVOO
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 2 pound(s) assorted brined olives drained
- From each lemon, cut 3 ¾ in wide strips peel, place in 1 qt sauce pan. Grate any remaining peel from lemons and place in large bowl. From orange cut three ¾ in wide strips peel and add to saucepan. Grate any remaining peel from orange and add to lemon peel in bowl.
- Peel garlic and cut each clove in half. Crush with side of chefs knife. Add garlic oil and thyme to saucepan and heat on low until hot but not smoking. About 1 min. remove from heat let stand 10 min.
- Place olives in bowl with grated peels. Pour oil mix over olive mix and toss to coat well. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate olives at least 24 hours to allow flavors to develop, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon olives into tightly sealed container or jar, store in fridge for up to 1 month.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Drag0nWing and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Citrus marinated olives Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers