This is great as a mock, or add a shot of Vodka if you want it loaded. I made a large batch and served it out of a pitcher for a cocktail party. 1 whole bottle of blood orange soda, 3/4 cup fresh of orange juice, 1 1/2 cups each of lemon and lime juice and I added 1 cup of simple syrup. I kept in fridge to keep cold and swirled in shaker if someone wanted the vodka.
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Dan Becker
Time: 10 minutes. Sweet and tangy and sure to please the sidecar-loving crowd.
Yield: Makes 1 mocktail
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 159
- Calories from fat: 0.6%
- Protein: 0.2g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 42g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sodium: 23mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- About 2 tbsp. superfine sugar (see
- Wedge of lemon or lime
- 1 cup ice
- 1/3 cup blood orange sparkling cider
- 1 tablespoon mandarin orange or tangerine juice
- 2 tablespoons Lemon-Lime Juice (see
- 2 tablespoons Simple Syrup (see
- 1. Put sugar on a plate. Run a lemon or lime wedge around the rim of a martini glass to wet it, then twist rim in sugar.
- 2. Put remaining ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake until cold, about 1 minute. Strain drink into prepared glass.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per mocktail.
- Bar Essentials: Have these on hand for mixing great mocktails.
- Simple Syrup: Equal parts sugar and water, heated until the sugar dissolves. (Your yield will be the same as the amount of water you use.)
- Lemon-Lime Juice: Equal parts freshly squeezed lemon and lime juice, for adding acidity in a flash.
- Fresh Lemons, Limes, and Oranges: To make juice, wedges for squeezing or moistening the rim of a glass, or twists of zest for extra citrus aroma.
- Superfine Sugar: Dissolves easily and makes a nice garnish on the rim of a glass.
- Fresh Herbs: Basil, mint, and tarragon add complexity, texture, and visual appeal.
- Purchased Ice: For a big party, it's hard to make enough ice at home. Besides cooling, ice helps blend flavors in the shaker.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages