- 3 large oranges
- 2 Ruby Red grapefruit
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (5-oz.) package baby kale
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 (3-oz.) goat cheese log or feta, crumbled
How to Make It
Peel oranges and grapefruit; cut away bitter white pith. Cut each orange into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Holding 1 peeled grapefruit in the palm of your hand, slice between membranes, and gently remove whole segments. Repeat with remaining grapefruit.
Whisk together orange juice and next 6 ingredients. Add oil in a slow steady stream, whisking constantly until smooth. Toss together kale, onion, and 1/2 cup dressing in a large bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Top salad with citrus, and sprinkle with cheese. Serve with remaining dressing.