Citrus Herb Salad
Notes: The bold flavors of this whole-leaf salad go well with grilled foods, such as skewered lamb, beef steaks, or salmon.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 142
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Protein: 3.5g
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrate: 23g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Sodium: 9.3mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 pummelo (about 1 3/4 lb.) or pink grapefruit
- 1 Melogold (about 1 1/4 lb.) or white grapefruit
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh tarragon leaves
- 2/3 cup fresh chervil leaves or 1/4 cup parsley sprigs
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Peel and segment pummelo.
- 2. Peel and segment Melogold. Reserve 3 tablespoons juice; save the remainder for other uses.
- 3. Rinse mint, tarragon, chervil, and basil; gently pat dry. Stack basil leaves and cut crosswise into thin strips. Mix herb leaves, cut basil, and chives. Mound herb mixture equally on plates.
- 4. In a small bowl, mix reserved 3 tablespoons Melogold juice and oil. Drizzle half the dressing evenly over herbs.
- 5. Arrange pummelo and Melogold segments on herbs. Drizzle segments equally with remaining dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads