Citrus-Grilled Turkey Breast
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
Total: 3 Hours, 40 Minutes
- 1 (5- to 6-lb.) skin-on, bone-in turkey breast
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1. Let turkey breast stand at room temperature 30 minutes; rinse with cold water, and pat turkey dry.
- 2. Stir together parsley, next 4 ingredients, and 1 tsp. salt. Loosen and lift skin from turkey without totally detaching skin, and rub parsley mixture under skin. Replace skin. Sprinkle cavity with 1/2 tsp. salt; rub into cavity. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 tsp. salt on skin; rub into skin.
- 3. Light 1 side of grill, heating to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat; leave other side unlit. Place turkey over lit side, and grill, without grill lid, 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer turkey to unlit side, and grill, covered with grill lid, 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 165°. Remove from heat, and let stand 30 minutes before slicing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This