- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup sliced shallots (about 2 large)
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- calories 86
- fat 3.8 g
- satfat 0.4 g
- monofat 2.1 g
- polyfat 1.1 g
- protein 2.5 g
- carbohydrate 12.8 g
- fiber 4.5 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 76 mg
- calcium 68 mg
How to Make It
Cook green beans in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Drain well.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shallots; sauté 2 minutes or until tender. Add green beans; stir well. Add rind, juice, pepper, and salt; sauté 2 minutes. Spoon onto a platter; sprinkle with nuts.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.