- 1 pound thin (1/4- to 1/2-inch-thick) pork cutlets
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup drained jarred citrus salad in light syrup (reserve 1/3 cup syrup)
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade or apricot preserves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger, optional
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tsp water
- calories (1/4 of recipe): 237
- fat 9 g
- satfat 3 g
- sodium 52 mg
- cholesterol 67 mg
How to Make It
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 7 minutes
Total: 12 minutes
In a large pan, brown cutlets in oil over high heat, about 2 minutes per side, until cooked through. Remove and keep warm.
Reduce heat to medium. Add reserved syrup, orange juice, marmalade, and ginger, if desired, to skillet; simmer for 2 minutes. Add fruit and cornstarch-water mixture and cook, stirring, until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Spoon sauce and fruit over cutlets; serve.
How kids can help: Measure ingredients.