I marinated the chicken overnight. Because the chix thighs were boneless, I only had to cook for 5 min per side. The sauce was devine, and worked well with the coconut jasmin rice with pineapple and for a veggie I had cardomom spiced zucchini. What a nice meal. I will be making this quite often.
Citrus-Glazed Chicken Thighs
Besides being juicy, chicken thighs cook quickly and come with built-in portion control: Two two-ounce chicken thighs are the appropriate serving of meat. The sweet-tangy sauce is easy to make and drizzles nicely over rice or couscous.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 189
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 4.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 23g
- Carbohydrate: 12.1g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 470mg
- Calcium: 18mg
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons bottled ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 12 (2-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place first 7 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag, and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally. Remove chicken, reserving marinade.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place chicken on a foil-lined jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray; broil 8 minutes on each side or until done.
- While chicken cooks, place reserved marinade, flour, and salt in a small saucepan, stirring with a whisk until blended. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and cook for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve sauce with chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note