A thick-skinned navel orange will yield the best rind for this recipe. Spoon this refreshing curd over Ginger-Honey Bread or fresh fruit.
More From Oxmoor House
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind (about 3 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon grated lime rind (about 3 limes)
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind (1 large orange)
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a heavy nonaluminum saucepan. Cook, whisking constantly, over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until butter melts and sugar dissolves.
- Gradually whisk about one-fourth of hot sugar syrup into beaten eggs; add to remaining hot syrup, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 12 to 15 minutes, stirring gently, or until curd thickens and coats a spoon; let cool. Cover and chill overnight.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note