These were fantastic! Will definitely make again. They were fairly labor-intensive, but well worth it. I brought them for Christmas morning breakfast, and they were gobbled up.I put the frosting on a plastic bad and squeezed on the rolls. The presentation was really nice, my family thought that I bought them, they looked THAT good. : ), and they were absolutely delicious.
Citrus-Cream Cheese Pull-Apart Rolls
The cream cheese mixture sinks to the bottom of the rolls. Place some foil under the pan in case the sugar mixture runs over.
Yield: 4 dozen (serving size: 2 rolls)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 174
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 3.6g
- Carbohydrate: 27.7g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Iron: 0.3mg
- Sodium: 203mg
- Calcium: 10mg
- 1 (25-ounce) package frozen roll dough
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup butter or stick margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries (such as Craisins) or chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2/3 cup (6 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 5 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Thaw roll dough at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Cut rolls in half. Place 24 halves, cut sides down, in bottom of each of 2 (9-inch) round cake pans coated with cooking spray. Brush butter evenly over rolls. Cover; let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 30 minutes. Sprinkle with dried cranberries. Combine 1/4 cup granulated sugar, cream cheese, orange juice, and egg; beat at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended. Pour cream cheese mixture evenly over rolls. Combine 3/4 cup granulated sugar, and rinds. Sprinkle evenly over rolls. Cover and let rise 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Cover with foil. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until rolls in center are done. Remove from oven; cool 15 minutes. Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle over rolls.
- Overnight Variation: After pouring the cream cheese mixture over rolls, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 12 hours. Gently remove plastic wrap from rolls; sprinkle with rind mixture. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes or until dough has doubled in size. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads