- 1 (25-ounce) package frozen roll dough
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup butter or stick margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries (such as Craisins) or chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2/3 cup (6 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 5 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- calories 174
- caloriesfromfat 29 %
- fat 5.6 g
- satfat 2.8 g
- monofat 1.9 g
- polyfat 0.6 g
- protein 3.6 g
- carbohydrate 27.7 g
- fiber 0.6 g
- cholesterol 20 mg
- iron 0.3 mg
- sodium 203 mg
- calcium 10 mg
How to Make It
Thaw roll dough at room temperature 30 minutes.
Cut rolls in half. Place 24 halves, cut sides down, in bottom of each of 2 (9-inch) round cake pans coated with cooking spray. Brush butter evenly over rolls. Cover; let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 30 minutes. Sprinkle with dried cranberries. Combine 1/4 cup granulated sugar, cream cheese, orange juice, and egg; beat at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended. Pour cream cheese mixture evenly over rolls. Combine 3/4 cup granulated sugar, and rinds. Sprinkle evenly over rolls. Cover and let rise 1 hour or until doubled in size.
Preheat oven to 350°.
Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Cover with foil. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until rolls in center are done. Remove from oven; cool 15 minutes. Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle over rolls.
Overnight Variation: After pouring the cream cheese mixture over rolls, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 12 hours. Gently remove plastic wrap from rolls; sprinkle with rind mixture. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes or until dough has doubled in size. Proceed with recipe as directed.