I made this but with a few changes: added 1 more egg yolk, 2 T more of juice, and 2 T more of safflower oil. It was really quite good!
Citrus Chiffon Cake
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 158
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 5.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 3.3g
- Carbohydrate: 24.2g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 149mg
- Calcium: 34mg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces granulated sugar (about 1 cup), divided
- 6 ounces sifted cake flour (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice (about 1 orange)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large egg yolks
- 8 large egg whites
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Combine baking powder, salt, 7 ounces sugar, and flour in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk until mixture is well combined.
- Combine orange rind and next 5 ingredients (through egg yolks) in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add rind mixture to flour mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar; beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining 1 ounce sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Gently stir one-fourth of egg white mixture into flour mixture; gently fold in remaining egg white mixture.
- Spoon batter into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan, spreading evenly. Break air pockets by cutting through batter with a knife. Bake at 325° for 45 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Invert pan; cool completely. Loosen cake from sides of pan using a narrow metal spatula. Invert cake onto plate. Sift powdered sugar over top of cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts