- 4 (6-ounce) skinned chicken breast halves
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper, divided
- Olive oil-flavored vegetable cooking spray
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen corn with peppers and onions, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Fresh cilantro sprigs (optional)
- calories 237
- caloriesfromfat 16 %
- fat 4.1 g
- satfat 0.9 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 29.1 g
- carbohydrate 20.2 g
- fiber 1.5 g
- cholesterol 72 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 226 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Place chicken in a heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag. Reserve 1 tablespoon lime juice; pour remaining juice over chicken. Seal bag, and shake until chicken is well coated. Marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning bag occasionally.
Combine cumin, chili powder, salt, and 1/8 teaspoon red pepper in a small bowl. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Sprinkle chicken with cumin mixture.
Coat rack of a broiler pan with cooking spray. Place chicken, skinned sides down, on rack; broil 8 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially opened) 25 minutes. Turn chicken, and broil 15 additional minutes or until done. Set chicken aside, and keep warm.
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Place skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add corn mixture and remaining 1/8 teaspoon red pepper; saute until corn is lightly browned and tender. Spoon corn evenly onto individual serving plates; top each serving with chicken. Drizzle evenly with reserved 1 tablespoon lime juice, and sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.