Citrus Chicken and Rice
A delicious combination of orange juice, chopped onion and Swanson® Chicken Stock simmer together with chicken and rice to make a delightful skillet meal.
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts halves
- 1 3/4 cups Swanson® Chicken Stock
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the chicken in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 10 minutes or until it's well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
Stir the stock, orange juice, onion and rice in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Return the chicken to the skillet. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked though and the rice is tender. Stir in the parsley.
Tip: For a special touch, cook orange slices in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until they're lightly browned. Serve over the chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes