- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Grated rind and juice of 1 orange
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 cups pecan halves
- Combine sugar and flour in a medium-size heavy saucepan; mix well. Add milk and butter; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir in orange rind and juice and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches soft ball stage (240°).
- Remove from heat; stir in pecans. Beat with a wooden spoon until mixture begins to thicken. Working rapidly, spread mixture on waxed paper; separate pecans with a fork. Let cool. Store in airtight containers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Snacks