Prep: 18 minutes; Cook: 46 minutes; other: 55 minutes
Yield: 26 servings (serving size: 1 cookie)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 103
- Fat: 2.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 1.9g
- Carbohydrate: 18.9g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 93mg
- Calcium: 22mg
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh orange rind
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lime rind
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°.
- 2. Beat butter with a mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add 1 cup sugar; beat well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in orange juice concentrate, citrus rinds, and vanilla.
- 3. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating well. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 5 or 6 times. Divide dough in half; shape each half into a 9-inch-long roll. Place rolls, 4 to 5 inches apart, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; flatten each roll to 1-inch thickness.
- 4. Brush dough with lemon juice; sprinkle evenly with 2 teaspoons sugar. Bake at 325° for 29 minutes. Place rolls on a wire rack; cool slightly. While rolls cool, wash any caramelized sugar from baking sheet, and dry thoroughly.
- 5. Cut rolls diagonally into 1/2-inch slices. Stand slices upright on baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 17 minutes. Remove cookies from baking sheet, and cool completely on wire rack.
- Biscotti (bee-SKAWT-tee) are so named because they are "twice-baked." These firm, crunchy cookies are perfect for dunking in dessert wine or coffee.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note