When adding the ingrediants to the pan I looked over and noticed that I had olive oil,white wine vinegar,and orange zest left over.Went ahead and added to pan with other ingrediants and continued the recipe......Acidity was overwhelming Will try another recipe next time before retrying this again.
Citrus Beurre Blanc
Yield: Serves 4
More From Sunset
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- White pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1. Whisk together wine, juices, shallots, and cream in a medium saucepan and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking occasionally, and boil until reduced by half.
- 2. Reduce heat to low and whisk in butter, 1 tbsp. at a time. Immediately remove from heat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments