Citrus-Basil Shrimp Salad
Recipe from a Harris Teeter Fishermans Market recipe card.
Chill: 30 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 pound(s) unpeeled medium shrimp (about 45 to 50)
- 2 tablespoon(s) diced shallots or purple onion
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 6 cup(s) Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 cup(s) pink grapefruit sections (about 1 large)
- 1 cup(s) orange sections (about 1 large)
- 3 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh basil
- 1. In a medium pot bring 1½ quarts water to boiling. Add shrimp; cook 3 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Drain; rinse with cold water. Peel and devein shrimp; remove tails. Refrigerate shrimp at least 30 minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl combine shallots, lemon juice, mustard, and freshly ground pepper to taste. Add shrimp; toss gently to coat.
- 3. Line a serving platter with lettuce. Spoon shrimp into the center on top of lettuce. Add grapefruit and orange sections, sprinkle with basil, and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note