Perfectly moist and bite-melting bars with amazing citrus taste!! Enjoyed every single piece and got compliments from the guests!!
More From Southern Living
Bake: 52 Minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Garnish: orange and lemon rind strips
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Beat until mixture forms a smooth dough. Press mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 22 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Whisk together remaining 1/4 cup flour, granulated sugar, and next 6 ingredients; pour over baked crust.
- Bake at 350° for 28 to 30 minutes or until set. Cool in pan on wire rack. Sprinkle evenly with 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, and cut into bars. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts