I've made this recipe several times and it is always delicious. Everytime I serve it at gatherings, several guests ask for the recipe. Quick and easy to make. It has to be eaten the same day due to the citrus in the dressing - it wilts next day.
Citrus-Avocado Salad With Tex-Mex Vinaigrette
Two bags of your favorite lettuce blend can be substituted for Bibb lettuce. Pomegranate seeds are a unique crunchy addition to this salad. See the box at right on how to remove seeds from the whole fruit.
More From Southern Living
- 3 heads Bibb lettuce, torn
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 (24-oz.) jar refrigerated orange and grapefruit sections, drained
- Tex-Mex Vinaigrette
- Garnishes: pomegranate seeds, fresh cilantro sprigs
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a salad bowl. Toss with Tex-Mex Vinaigrette. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Del Monte Sunfresh Citrus Salad for orange and grapefruit sections.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This