I've made this recipe several times and it is always delicious. Everytime I serve it at gatherings, several guests ask for the recipe. Quick and easy to make. It has to be eaten the same day due to the citrus in the dressing - it wilts next day.
Citrus-Avocado Salad With Tex-Mex Vinaigrette
Two bags of your favorite lettuce blend can be substituted for Bibb lettuce. Pomegranate seeds are a unique crunchy addition to this salad. See the box at right on how to remove seeds from the whole fruit.
More From Southern Living
- 3 heads Bibb lettuce, torn
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 (24-oz.) jar refrigerated orange and grapefruit sections, drained
- Tex-Mex Vinaigrette
- Garnishes: pomegranate seeds, fresh cilantro sprigs
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a salad bowl. Toss with Tex-Mex Vinaigrette. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Del Monte Sunfresh Citrus Salad for orange and grapefruit sections.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note