Citrus Angel Food Cake
You can substitute a 10.5-ounce loaf angel food cake for a round cake. Slice off top third of loaf, using a serrated knife. Hollow out bottom portion, leaving a 1/2-inch shell (make sure not to cut through bottom of cake.) Proceed with recipe as directed.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 145
- Fat: 2.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 2.7g
- Carbohydrate: 28.2g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 0mg
- Sodium: 112mg
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Calcium: 78mg
- 1 (16-ounce) round angel food cake
- 1 3/4 cups vanilla low-fat ice cream, slightly softened
- 1/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate, undiluted
- 4 teaspoons grated lime rind, divided
- 2 cups frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed
- Slice off top third of angel food cake, using a serrated knife; set aside. Hollow out bottom portion of cake, leaving a 1- inch-thick shell, making sure not to cut through bottom of cake; reserve leftover cake (about 1 3/4 cups) for another use.
- Combine ice cream, lemonade concentrate, and 1 teaspoon lime rind. Spoon ice cream mixture into cake shell, pressing firmly with back of spoon; top with remaining third of cake.
- Combine whipped topping and remaining 3 teaspoons lime rind; spread over top and sides of filled cake. Cover loosely, and freeze 6 hours or until firm. Slice with a serrated knife.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This