- 1 (16-ounce) round angel food cake
- 1 3/4 cups vanilla low-fat ice cream, slightly softened
- 1/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate, undiluted
- 4 teaspoons grated lime rind, divided
- 2 cups frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed
- calories 145
- fat 2.8 g
- satfat 1.6 g
- protein 2.7 g
- carbohydrate 28.2 g
- cholesterol 2 mg
- iron 0 mg
- sodium 112 mg
- caloriesfromfat 17 %
- fiber 0.8 g
- calcium 78 mg
How to Make It
Slice off top third of angel food cake, using a serrated knife; set aside. Hollow out bottom portion of cake, leaving a 1- inch-thick shell, making sure not to cut through bottom of cake; reserve leftover cake (about 1 3/4 cups) for another use.
Combine ice cream, lemonade concentrate, and 1 teaspoon lime rind. Spoon ice cream mixture into cake shell, pressing firmly with back of spoon; top with remaining third of cake.
Combine whipped topping and remaining 3 teaspoons lime rind; spread over top and sides of filled cake. Cover loosely, and freeze 6 hours or until firm. Slice with a serrated knife.