Citrus-and-Garlic Pork Roast
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Chill: 8 Hours
Bake: 4 Hours, 30 Minutes
- 1 (6-pound) bone-in pork shoulder roast (Boston butt)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh or 1 (4-ounce) jar minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- Place roast in an aluminum foil-lined roasting pan. Cut 4 to 5 (1-inch-deep) slits across top of roast. Sprinkle evenly with salt.
- Stir together garlic and next 4 ingredients. Pour mixture evenly over roast, rubbing mixture into slits. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 4 1/2 hours or until meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 175°. Remove from oven, and let stand until thermometer reaches 185°.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes