1. Place almonds in a 9-inch square baking pan. Bake in a 375° oven until golden under skins, about 10 minutes. Cool about 10 minutes; chop.
2. Meanwhile, in a 2- to 3-quart pan, mix flour, cinnamon, allspice, coriander, and salt. Gradually add orange juice, stirring until smooth. Stir in raisins, orange peel, and citron. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until peel is tender when pierced, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in honey and almonds.
3. Scrape nut mixture into bottom crust of 9-inch pie pastry in pan.
4. On a lightly floured surface, with a lightly floured rolling pin, roll remaining pastry into a 1/8-inch-thick round about 11 inches wide; center over nut mixture. Fold edge of top pastry under edge of bottom one flush with pan rim, and crimp together to seal. Flute edge decoratively. With a small, sharp knife, cut several slits in top pastry. Set pie in a foil-lined 12-inch pizza pan or 10- by 15-inch baking pan. Beat egg yolk to blend with 2 teaspoons cold water; brush lightly over top crust.
5. Bake pie on the bottom rack of a 375° oven until browned, 50 to 55 minutes (30 to 35 minutes in a convection oven). If pie browns too quickly (check after 20 minutes), cover top loosely with foil. Transfer to a rack and let stand, uncovered, until cool to touch, 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Cut into wedges.