Cinnamon-Tortilla Crisp Sundae
An entire package of 10 tortillas may be prepared and stored in an airtight container for future use; if using all 10, then triple the amounts of butter, cinnamon, and sugar. The tortilla crisps make a nice accompaniment to yogurt as well.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 253
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 5.7g
- Carbohydrate: 41.6g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 249mg
- Calcium: 160mg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 (8-inch) whole-wheat flour tortillas, each cut into 6 wedges
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/3 cup fat-free caramel topping
- 3 cups vanilla light ice cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Arrange tortilla wedges on a baking sheet. Brush both sides of tortilla wedges with butter; sprinkle both sides with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Bake at 450° for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- 3. Place caramel topping in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 45 seconds or until melted. Place 1/2 cup ice cream into each of 6 bowls. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon caramel topping over ice cream in each bowl. Serve each sundae with 3 tortilla wedges.
- Young Chefs can:
- Cut tortillas into wedges using safety scissors
- Stick tortilla crisps into sundaes
- Older Chefs can:
- Sprinkle tortilla wedges with cinnamon-sugar
- Drizzle caramel topping
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This