1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Place flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in large bowl.
3.Use two knives, a pastry blender or your finger tips and quickly cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal, with a few slightly larger butter lumps.Stir in cinnamon chips.
4.Stir in heavy cream with a rubber spatula or fork until dough begins to form, about 30 seconds.
5. Transfer dough and all dry, floury bits to countertop and knead dough by hand just until it comes together into a rough, sticky ball, 5 to 10 seconds.
6. Form scones by pressing the dough into an 8-inch cake pan, lined with plastic wrap.
7. Mix cinnamon and raw sugar together in a small bowl and sprinkle mixture onto the dough.
8. Cut the dough into 8 wedges with either a knife or bench scraper.
9.Place wedges on baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat mat and bake until scone tops are light brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
10. Cool on wire rack for at least 10 minutes.
11. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Go to full version of