I clipped this from the magazine in 1996 and have made it several times over the years, always with good results and compliments. Enjoy!
Cinnamon Streusel Coffeecake
Photo: Howard L. Puckett; Styling: Cindy Manning Barr
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 249
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 7.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Protein: 4.9g
- Carbohydrate: 41.1g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 175mg
- Calcium: 63mg
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a small bowl, and stir well. Coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray; sprinkle 1/3 cup of the walnut mixture into pan. Set walnut mixture aside.
- Combine 1 1/4 cups sugar and vegetable oil in a large bowl, and beat at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; stir well. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture; mix after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Measure 2 cups of batter; set aside. Pour remaining batter into prepared pan; sprinkle remaining walnut mixture over batter. Pour reserved 2 cups batter over walnut mixture. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Let cool completely on wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cinnamon Streusel Coffeecake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch, Desserts, Cakes/Frostings
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Gifts, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead, Portable/Picnic
- CUISINE: American, New American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Rice/Grains
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless
- COOKING METHOD: Bake
- OCCASION: Autumn, Spring, Summer, Winter
- PUBLICATION: Cooking Light
More Recipes Like This