I used my left over homemade cranberry sauce with this recipe. I just swirled about 1 cup in to the batter. This is the best coffee cake ever!
Cinnamon Streusel Buttermilk Coffee Cake
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 293
- Calories from fat: 52%
- Protein: 2.1g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 8.4g
- Carbohydrate: 35g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Sodium: 392mg
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- About 2/3 cups (1/3 lb.) melted butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg, beaten to blend
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1. In a large bowl, mix brown sugar, granulated sugar, flour, nutmeg, and 2/3 cup butter.
- 2. Transfer 1 packed cup of the sugar mixture to a small bowl. Add nuts and cinnamon, mixing well.
- 3. To the mixture in the large bowl, add egg, buttermilk, baking powder, and baking soda; mix well. Pour batter into a buttered 9-inch cheesecake pan with removable rim. Sprinkle cinnamon-nut mixture evenly over batter.
- 4. Bake in a 350° oven until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and cake begins to pull from pan sides, about 40 minutes (about 35 minutes in convection oven).
- 5. Cool on a rack at least 20 minutes. Remove pan rim. Serve warm or cool.
Note: At mile-high altitude, increase flour to 2 1/4 cups and reduce baking powder to 1 1/2 teaspoons; bake as directed, allowing about 55 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cinnamon Streusel Buttermilk Coffee Cake Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This